Hip Clinic Services
Dr Alison Grimaldi and her team at Physiotec have provided services for large numbers of clients with hip and groin pain for 15 years in Tarragindi. Management of these conditions is an area of special interest and expertise for our clinic. This is due to Alison’s passion, research and high level of skills in managing these problems. Alison has 30 years of clinical experience and a number of higher degrees. She has published many peer reviewed papers in scientific journals and continues her research interests in this area as an Adjunct Research Fellow at the University of Queensland. All Physiotec physiotherapy staff have been trained by Dr Grimaldi. They have high levels of skills to treat the large number of clients who visit Physiotec with hip, pelvic and groin pain.
What makes our Hip Clinic & FAST TRACK REHAB Hip & Groin PROGRAM different?
- Developed by Dr Alison Grimaldi, based on latest evidence and 30 years of physiotherapy experience
- Specific outcomes measures are used to give you a clear indication of where you are now and where you need to go for recovery
- Specific advice is provided on what to do and what to avoid, based on a better understanding of hip and groin conditions
- An exercise program tailored to your individual needs to speed and optimise your outcome
- Our own professionally recorded exercise videos available via a free app, Physitrack
- Remote access services – check ups via skype if required and regular feedback available via the Physitrack app.
At Physiotec we use a systematic assessment procedure, informed by scientific evidence. This means we look closely not only at your current problems but also at underlying or contributing issues. These may include factors such as:
- unresolved restrictions or weaknesses from previous injuries
- natural bony shape
- postural and movement habits
- work tasks and set up
- repetitive everyday activities
- athletic training routine
- sporting technique
- sporting equipment/set up
- general conditioning
- recovery and sleep routines
From this detailed assessment, we can develop a tailored management plan for you. So often patients who have failed previous rehabilitation have been provided a generic ‘one size fits all’ program. Furthermore, many programs fail to consider the complexities of muscle function. Often strength alone is considered. Although important, there are many other factors that will not be addressed with a general strength-only approach.
FastTrack Rehab Hip & Groin Program
At Physiotec, we design programs that aim to achieve best outcomes for each individual with hip, groin and pelvic pain. Our programs are:
- individualised to address each person’s specific issues (e.g. particular areas of weakness, certain postural or movement habits, reduced or excessive flexibility)
- based on the latest research evidence
- informed by a wealth of clinical experience in this field
- designed by Dr Alison Grimaldi, expert physiotherapist, researcher and educator
How To Get Started
Want to get your hip and groin pain rehabilitation on the Fast Track?
Ring today for your Assessment with any of our highly qualified staff on 3342 4284
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Just ring the clinic on 3342 4284 or email email@example.com and make an appointment with one of our staff. Dr Alison Grimaldi is also available for assessments on a consultancy basis for those who are concerned that their doctors have been unable to provide a clear diagnosis or you have been through many failed treatments before and would prefer to have an assessment with Alison before moving forward with treatment. As Alison’s time is limited in the clinic due to other teaching and research commitments, Alison will usually not be providing your regular ongoing care. After her assessment, she will be able to refer you to one of our highly skilled team for further individual treatment. Alison will be closely involved with monitoring patient's progress in the Fast Track Rehab programs and will be available for intermittent reviews as required. Alison also has regular meetings with each staff member for patient progress reports and individual and group mentoring to keep all staff up to date.