Do you have neck pain?
Neck pain is a prevalent condition, and also highly recurrent, with 50-75% of people who experienced neck pain reporting recurrent pain 1 to 5 years later. Below are some of the common conditions we treat at Physiotec clinic.
- Waking up with a sore neck
- Neck pain related to computer work
- Whiplash & Associated Disorders (including dizziness, loss of balance, visual disturbances etc.)
- Numbness and/or pins and needles in the upper limbs associated with cervical radiculopathy (i.e. irritation of the nerve roots or nerve trunks of the neck)
- Cervicogenic headache (i.e. headache originating from the neck)
- Neck pain related to osteoarthritis, or degenerative disc diseases
Our physiotherapist, Dr Chen is an experienced clinician, and well published author on research related to neck pain. She is skilled to assess and treat the source(s) of your neck problems. Do not hesitate to contact our clinic for more information.
Below is a list of Dr Chen’s publications:
- Chen, Xiaoqi, O'Leary, Shaun and Johnston, Venerina (2018) Modifiable individual and work-related factors associated with neck pain in 740 office workers: a cross-sectional study. Brazilian Journal of Physical Therapy, . doi:10.1016/j.bjpt.2018.03.003
- Chen, Xiaoqi, Coombes, Brooke K, Sjøgaard, Gisela, Jun, Deokhoon, O'Leary, Shaun and Johnston, Venerina (2017) Workplace-Based Interventions for Neck Pain in Office Workers: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Physical therapy, 98 1: 40-62. doi:10.1093/ptj/pzx101
- Sarig Bahat, Hilla, Chen, Xiaoqi, Reznik, David, Kodesh, Einat and Treleaven, Julia (2015) Interactive cervical motion kinematics: sensitivity, specificity and clinically significant values for identifying kinematic impairments in patients with chronic neck pain. Manual Therapy, 20 2: 295-302. doi:10.1016/j.math.2014.10.002
- Sarig Bahat, Hilla, Takasaki, Hiroshi, Chen, Xiaoqi, Bet-Or, Yaheli and Treleaven, Julia (2015) Cervical kinematic training with and without interactive VR training for chronic neck pain - a randomized clinical trial. Manual Therapy, 20 1: 68-78. doi:10.1016/j.math.2014.06.008
- Treleaven, Julia, Chen, Xiaoqi and Sarig Bahat, Hilla (2015) Factors associated with cervical kinematic impairments in patients with neck pain. Manual Therapy, 22 109-115. doi:10.1016/j.math.2015.10.015
- Chen, Xiaoqi and Treleaven, Julia (2013) The effect of neck torsion on joint position error in subjects with chronic neck pain. Manual Therapy, 18 6: 562-567. doi:10.1016/j.math.2013.05.015
- Chen, Xiaoqi (2017). Impact of a workplace-based ergonomic and exercise intervention for the reduction of neck pain and disability in office workers PhD Thesis, School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland. doi:10.14264/uql.2017.1066